Looking for a new role? Teepee Day Nursery is an award-winning, family-run nursery. Founded in 2003, we have a fantastic local reputation and 2021 looks set to be another amazing year for us with phenomenal occupancy coupled with exciting plans for growth and continual improvement.
There are so, so many benefits of working with us. Day nurseries tend to be either small settings or larger chains. Teepee Day Nursery is the best of both worlds; we are a small, loving children’s nursery with the award-winning mentality and best practice of a much larger business.
We believe that we do the most important job in the whole world and we don’t take this responsibility lightly but we do make it fun, having lots of smiles and laughter along the way. We aren’t really a work team; we are more like a ‘work family’ and we never settle for anything less than our best shot at anything we do. This means that you get to experience a very supportive workplace and are surrounded by like-minded colleagues, who want the same as you – happy children; happy team; happy parents; and we’ve got the awards to prove it!
What We Can Offer:
- Very competitive salary and bonuses up to £22,000 depending on qualifications and experience
- Lots of extras and perks, including additional holiday for long service
- Free lunch!
- Fantastic wellbeing package, including health assistance programme, counselling, onsite acupressure massage, retail discounts at shops and restaurants
- Complete uniform, even down to a bobble hat
- Really forward-thinking culture
- Fantastic induction, training and career progression, plus a great reputation for your CV (paying for further training and qualifications)
There’s much more, find out by visiting our website.
We Are Looking For Someone Who:
- Is qualified to at least Level 3
- Has experience of working in a day nursery
- Is dynamic and truly passionate about early years
- Is a team player – teamwork is one of our central values
- Has the confidence/knowledge and/or experience to work with electronic nursery management system (we love using Family)
Ideally, you will also have
- Knowledge and/or experience of ‘In The Moment Planning.’ (Don’t worry if you don’t but it is important that you know this is the way we ‘do our planning’)
The Day-To-Day Role of an Early Years Practitioner
- To ensure that you provide the very highest quality of teaching, care and education
- To promote an environment that is stimulating and inclusive for all
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with parents
- Promote safeguarding procedures and the importance of child welfare
- Work a flexible shift pattern within the nursery opening hours (7am – 7pm). We tend to work (and love it too) 4 days, giving us an extra day off every week!
What You Will Need To Bring With You:
- Previous experience working with children (in a day nursery)
- Level 3 Early Years qualification or above
- Genuine passion for early years education and making a difference to the lives of young children
- Drive to keep wanting to do better
- Positive outlook (someone who always sees the glass as half full)
- Bags of drive and motivation, with a ‘can do’ attitude
- A love for customer service (you want to make people feel happy)
- High energy brought to every task and a solution-driven approach to life
- DBS certificate/clean criminal record
- Motivation and aspiration to grow further in early years
- An enjoyment of the outdoors; come rain or shine
We pride ourselves on being a forward-thinking, award-winning nursery with an Outstanding Judgement from Ofsted, Outstanding from Children’s Food Trust, Platinum Quality Counts Award, Gold Investors in People, Millie’s Mark & Gold Woodland Trust Awards. All candidates complete a self-declaration stating that they pose no threat to children as well as an online criminal records check. The safeguarding and welfare of the children is always our foremost priority.
We have a couple of different job ads out at the moment! Don’t worry, we are well staffed! We have always believed that it is the person, and the magic that each individual brings, that counts. Because we already have the skills and experience within our team, we have the luxury of being able to choose the right person within a range from Level 3 practitioner through to Deputy or EYTS. If the above sounds like you, and you are interested in joining our dynamic and fun day nursery team, then we would love to hear from you! Please email us your CV with a covering letter today.